Dressing up your door for Halloween has become increasingly popular among DIY decorators. If you’ve been struck by this popular bug, but aren’t quite sure what to make of your own door, we’ve rounded up the best ideas out there for garage doors, front doors and entryways! With just a few basic materials (many of which you’ll find you have on-hand already) you can create some unique and fun Halloween door decor!
1. Fanged Monster – This entry makes a big statement with giant fangs hanging over trick-or-treaters’ heads!
2. Bloody, Angry Monster – If you know how to paint, you can add lots of detail and shadowing to make that fanged monster even scarier!
3. Frankenstein’s Monster – With a green front door, who could resist making a fun frankenstein – complete with scar and bolts?? If your door isn’t green, you could cover the front in green wrapping paper first.
4. Jack Skellington – A plain white door makes the perfect backdrop for The Pumpkin King and any Nightmare Before Christmas fans out there!
5. Tape Monster and Tape Spiderweb – Here are two different ideas using metallic silver tape – a monster or a spiderweb.
6. Big-Eyed Streamer Monster – This cute, monster boasts party streamer hair, paper plate eyes and masking tape mouth. Basically, go dig in your closet and you can make this guy!
7. Mummy – Wrap your door in white party streamers and you’ve got the perfect mummy!
8. Monster House Windows – Cardboard, tissue paper and contact paper created these amazing monster silhouettes which look great day or night!
9. Zombie Garage – All you have to do is trace hands onto paper, tape them up and backlight them to make people think you’ve got a raging crowd of the undead stuck in your garage! Creepy!
10. Backlit Witch Silhouette – With some creativity and just a bit of artistic ability you can create a life-sized creepy witch seance scene on your garage!
Title picture courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens – find the tutorial at the link.
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
Here are some other great Halloween ideas!